Thursday 6 August 2009

Ways of being a Spiritual Mother of Priests: Private Oblation, Public Witness, or both. Part 1: USA a) Connecticut

Connecticut - The Nutmeg State/The Provisions State - Providing the spice of Prayer for Priests
It is a happy and appropriate coincidence that Connecticut is the first on our alphabetical list of States which have sent in news here. As many of you will know, until the end of July last year, Fr Mark Kirby was Chaplain to the Benedictine nuns of Jesus Crucified in Branford CT 06405-4003 . I think he'd been there for seven years. The same order has a monastery in northern France and Father, who knows the French community as well, very kindly put me in touch with them. The Branford Monastery of the Glorious Cross runs monthly days for Oblates and friends of the monastery. You can email to enquire at monasterygc@juno.com
The Order's website is;
http://www.benedictinesjc.org/monasteriesMenu.html
It would be great if people contacted them and/or visited them.

I had an email from a Connecticut gentleman who got to know Fr. Mark whilst he was at Brandon. I will only give his name with his permission. Howver, he brought me up to date with possible imminent developments for Spiritual Motherhood in the three CT dioceses. The three bishops have been approached and as soon as my contact lets me have further news, I will publish it here. I will also await my contact's permission to share the manner and the terms in which the bishops were addressed because it will be most helpful to others who wish to do the same Worldwide. The approaching group has met two of the bishops and received a favourable
verbal response. The meeting with the third bishop is scheduled for September 1. I'm sure you will all join us in prayer for a happy outcome.

Paul Zalonski, also based in CT contacted me and offered any help he can give on his site 'Communio' (a great name Paul, and comfortingly very Pope Benedict.) I will certainly be taking Paul up on his offer. The link to his site is already in the sidebar here.

Next up, tomorrow - Florida and Hawaii

Time to cook supper!

God bless Connecticut, and all here.

In union of prayer,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment