Friday 1 January 2010

"Tu es Petrus", a New Year Video with music by Maestro Bartolucci

Mgr. Maestro B was 'put out to grass' after Vatican II but is still alive, in his nineties I think, and is enjoying something of a comeback, probably thanks to 'you know who'.

The video has lots of texts from documents of several Popes including Benedict XVI. At least two of these I spotted mentioned the Year of the Priest and/or were addressed to priests. These texts are all in Italian but the pictures tell the story - I think it's called 'The Hermeneutic of Continuity'! The 'Tu es Petrus' is superb to my ear. (Normally I'm a Chant/Renaissance Polyphony girl.) But the Maestro's setting is a majestic, substantial treatment of the text and suits this video tribute, not only to Pope Benedict and the preoccupations of his pontificate, but to the Papacy itself. Hope you enjoy it.









No comments:

Post a Comment