Monday 17 October 2011

Apologies, explanations and future plans

Over past months and particularly since August this year, I have found it impossible to maintain this blog at the level warranted by its subject matter. I apologise for this and beg your understanding and forgiveness. Please be assured that I have not neglected the prayer life of a spiritual mother and have no intention of doing so. Also, a fair amount of private correspondence has resulted from the original initiative and that cannot be neglected.

In an attempt to improve matters and make it easier for me to post more frequent items of relevance to Spiritual Mothers and their friends, I have decided to record such items as part of my other blog, Thoughts from a Catholic Oasis - see here Such posts will usually appear under 'Spiritual Mothers' Community Room News' starting at number 1 and continuing in due numerical order. I've just finished a week's break from blogging and will be back on the Oasis later today.

This blog will remain as it is so that its links will still be available. As time allows I'll duplicate these links in the Oasis right hand sidebar.

God bless all here.

2 comments:

  1. I am asking for your help with the new book that I am completing in addition to the one that I am writing on the Heart of the priesthood. Would you mind sharing this request with the women that you have in your group or that you know other places that live spiritual motherhood of priests. I would like to include their stories, anonymously of course, in this book. We need to witness to the graces of our lives as spiritual mothers.
    I am writing a book on spiritual motherhood of priests based on the document from the Congregation for the Clergy, Adoration, Reparation, and Spiritual Motherhood of Priests from 2007. The title of the book is, Becoming a Life-giving Woman: What Spiritual Motherhood of Priests Holds for Today's Woman.

    I am wanting to collect stories from women who feel called to spiritually uplift priests with their prayers and sacrifices. Would you be able to circulate this query to women that you know feel called to this way of life and ministry? I would like to hear several things: How did they first notice this desire to pray for priests surface in their lives, How do they pray for priests and do they have any stories how their prayers have helped the priests they pray for. What kind of formation for this call has been helpful?
    I am a certified spiritual director, and Director of Incarnate Institute, an international ministry of retreats, and conferences. I have developed a retreat for women who feel called as spiritual mothers of priests. The website for Incarnate Institute is: www.incarnateinstitute.org The women may email their reflections to marykaufmann@msn.com or to info@incarnateinstitute.org

    Thanks so much,
    Mary Kaufmann,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary,

    May I suggest that you may get more response if you send this comment to my other blog, 'Thoughts from a Catholic Oasis'. I put my Spiritual Mothers' messages up there these days and it would be easier for me to pick up the comment and spread the word that way.

    I have your email address somewhere and would like to share some reflections with you.

    ReplyDelete